Monday, January 4, 2016

Blog 12: Holiday Project Update

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you do over the break with your senior project?I worked a bit on my Independent component over break.

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did, and why?  What was the source of what you learned?

I learned that certain interrogative techniques that we've been so use to seeing on popular TV shows actually don't work when interrogating people. I also learned that lie detectors have no scientific backing and actually do not work but are more of "theater show" to scare criminals. I learned this from an interrogation teacher from Faulkner University, Lou Harris and an article from Psychology Today "Do Lie Detectors Work?" by Nigel Barber, Ph.D.

3.  Your third interview will be a 10 question interview related to possible answers for your EQ. Who do you plan to talk to and why?

I plan to talk to the officer about their experience working in law enforcement and their opinions on certain events that are relevant to law enforcement today. I'm also gonna talk about to them about different protocols that have changed from when they started in law enforcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment