Thursday, October 29, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection



1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)
Doing mentorship with my mentor consists of ride alongs which can last from eight to ten hours. (Technically you can have different officers depending on the time you go on the ride along meaning I will not only have one mentor.)

2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?   
I found this mentor through mutual friends and was able to contact them through that. I convinced them to be my mentor by asking nicely if they would be willing to be my mentor. Other mentors I currently have I met because of my families various connections to law enforcement.


3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person?
My mentor and I are fairly new to each other and it is a bit uncomfortable but still comfortable at the same time. This does not really relate to time spent with them because during ride alongs there is very little talking.

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?
The interview went well from my point of view. I felt that the answers that were given were very precise and honest. I felt that it was a little rushed because at the time of the interview we had a very little time to talk because of scheduling differences. To change that I will try to do it at a time when we both have more time to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment