Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Blog 9 - Advisory Prep 3

1. State whether or not you currently have a mentor, and what the status of your interview is with that person (I have completed the interview, I have scheduled the interview, I have not scheduled the interview, etc).
I currently have a mentor. I have to schedule my interview with him however I am planning on calling him soon to see when he would be free to do the interview.

2. At this point, your research is probably guiding your studies toward more specific areas within your topic.  Name the area or two you find most promising and explain your reasons.  
The investigative part of police work has been really fascinating from what I have researched. I read the Californian guidelines on how to investigate a sexual assault crime and how to preserve and collect evidence and it was just interesting to read.
Another part that I've found interesting is the history of certain police departments like LAPD. Also things like what has happened to certain officers, I am planning very soon to read a book called The Red Dot Club, which is about officers that have been shot and their stories.

3. What kinds of sources do you think will help you in the next month to gain more research depth?  Where will you go to get them?
I'm planning to keep looking at both the history and investigative part of police work to help decide which of the two parts of the subject I would like to further look into. 

4. Write down a possible EQ.  Please don't worry about wording other than ensuring that it provides the option for multiple correct answers.  At this point, the senior team is most interested in understanding your thought process.
How has the history of policing shaped the way it is now?
Or
Why is investigating crimes important in police work?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment