Monday, September 21, 2015

Blog 5 - Interview 1 Reflection

1. What is the most important thing I learned from the interview?  Is there anything I would do differently for other interviews?  
I learned that having a setting where the interviewee is comfortable is a definite thing to make sure of. The more comfortable the person you are interviewing is the more likely they will be able to better answer your questions. I found that both interviews went well and I got a lot of useful information from both of the people I interviewed. 

2. Did I get additional resources and contacts?  What is the most useful?  Why?
One of the people I interviewed suggested a few movies and books to look into like The Red Dot Club for instance. He also suggested looking at books and sources that are written by actual police officers rather than people that have never been a police officer. 


3. What makes my interviewee qualified to help me? 
Both of my interviewees were officers. One from LADOT (Los Angeles Department of Transportation) which are the police officers that are known to direct traffic and have been referred to as "Meter Maids". The other interviewee has been a LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) officer for about 29 years and has worked in many divisions in LAPD.

No comments:

Post a Comment